Follow the steps and resources in this article for a seamless Signal Licensing implementation.
Publishers with Sovrn can license //Signal against their full demand stack – maximizing the value of each reader. The following steps have been outlined to help explain exactly what needs to be done for a successful implementation.
Step 1) Welcome, Next Steps, Expectation Setting
You should have already been in contact with someone from the Sovrn Publisher Growth team, and they will help you get the necessary documents signed.
This is where you'll want to provide Sovrn with key details about your ads that you wish to reload with //Signal. We are looking for any essential information or customizations on your ad stack that could affect how frequently you want your ads to reload.
Consider the following examples:
- Do you want to only reload ads on article pages and NOT on your homepage?
- Are there any specific ads that you do not want reloaded? (i.e., any guaranteed inventory and/or direct deals that you have in place)
- Do you need any special customizations on your reload triggers?
To help customize your setup, Sovrn will need the order IDs and line item information for any inventory that you do not want to reload.
Once this information is provided, we will begin to create your //Signal Licensing container.
Step 2) Enable API Access
If you want the //Signal reload only to be applied to certain items, we can apply exclusions based on Line Item Type, Order ID, or placement.
In order to provide in depth reporting, honor exclusions, and accurately bill you for //Signal, we require read-only API access to your Ad Manager account.
Please follow the steps in this article to enable Line Item API access for Sovrn.
Without the proper API access, Sovrn is unable to detect what ads are present on the page and withhold the reload. This step is not required, but it is highly recommended.
Step 3) Setting Up Key Values & Scheduling a Key Value Report
It's always our goal to help publishers. To ensure we don’t hit any snags in the implementation of //Signal Licensing, we ask that you set up daily automated reports in Google Ad Manager.
If you can give us temporary admin access to your GAM account, our team will be able to set this up. However, we have also created two very simple guides that you can follow.
- Please create your Key Value for the Sovrn reload in your Google Ad Manager account. You can find those instructions here. Sovrn will append this Key Value with each reload so that you’re able to distinguish between your initial impressions and the impressions created by //Signal.
- Once your Sovrn key-value is created, you can setup your Key Value Report. Find those instructions here.
Step 4) Receive //Connect Code
While you are creating your key-value reports and enabling Sovrn with API access, our team will work on the creation of your //Signal Licensing container. This will be setup in Sovrn's single delivery mechanism, //Connect.
Our team will send you your //Connect Code with instructions on how to successfully implement it. However, you can also find this code in your account, if needed.
Step 5) Add //Connect Code
Many of our publishers test //Signal Licensing on a staging domain or test environment before going fully live. Please let Sovrn know how you plan on testing before installing this code.
Please add the //Connect code to your page through one of the following methods:
- Add the code to all relevant pages by inserting the tag after the section of the page, ideally in the header.
- Trafficked as a creative via a vacant ad server ad slot (e.g. 1×1 or Out Of Page (OOP) slot)
For more in-depth installation instructions, please refer to this article.
Please let Sovrn know when you've added //Connect to your site.
Step 6) Confirmation
After you have notified Sovrn that //Connect has been added to your site, our Publisher Advancement team will confirm that the Sovrn container has been correctly implemented and will advise on if we are seeing a reload. If you have not already, please ensure that you have shared all details of your implementation method, such as:
- are you currently testing on a staging domain?
- are you currently testing on a limited portion of your traffic?
Please reach out to Sovrn Support if you have any questions regarding these installation steps at PublisherSupport@sovrn.com