Find and search your approved list of merchants with detailed information on conversion rates, commissions, and payout structure
Skip to Section:
How do I use the Approved Merchants tab?
- Start by clicking the "Approved merchants" tab on the left-hand side of your dashboard.
- The Approved Merchants page will now load the full list of merchants that you are able to monetize for your selected "Site" and provide the basic details like commission structure, estimated earnings per click, and commission ranges.
- From the top search bar you can search for specific names of a merchants that you would like to check the details of.
- Once you find your desired merchant, you can click on the merchant's name to pull up the merchant's details.
- Compare and contrast merchants you love, and discover which merchants will perform the best for your content.
What details can I find about merchants?
- Logo for selected merchant and Average Earnings Per Click across the Sovrn network.
Potential Earnings (CPA) - This merchant pays on a cost per action (sale or lead) basis, the rates below are what you can expect to earn from sales you generate to this merchant.
Network rates - If available, merchant rate information is imported directly from network partners and updated daily.
Potential Earnings (CPC) - This merchant pays on a per click basis. The per click rate provided is averaged across the Sovrn network. CPC rates may vary by merchant budget availability and traffic quality.
Domains - Domains approved by the merchant for monetization.
Countries - Origin of customer traffic accepted by the merchant.
- Description - General information for the selected merchant. If available, "Terms and conditions" are provided.
Note: All of the merchant metrics provided are calculated estimates, actual rates may vary.
Why don't the earnings I've been making match the CPC and/or CPA rates I see?
The CPC and CPA rates you see are estimates for potential earnings, not contracts. You may make more or less in reality.
Merchants have the power to spend their advertising dollars at their discretion, and this can fluctuate over time due to seasonality, quality of supply, etc. If you are not making as much as you expected, this doesn't mean you won't see more revenue in the future. To position yourself well to earn more revenue, consider doing these things:
- continue to develop a strategy for driving high quality and quantity traffic
- affiliate with multiple merchants
You may also experience adjustments and/or reversals explained here.
If you still have questions, please reach out to our support team: email@example.com
Why is the commission showing blank or $0 for some merchants?
Our system will ingest rate data in a variety of ways. We show rates the merchant tells us they can offer directly when available, but if not, we use a system average to calculate an estimate of earnings from publishers like you. When both of these are unavailable, then you may see a $0 rate or no commission rate listed. Typically, this means that the merchant has:
- Not been paying out for purchases or clicks as of recently
- Not enough traffic to make a reliable estimate of a rate
How do I choose a good merchant to work with?
While it may seem logical to simply choose merchants with the highest commission rates, there are other factors to consider. These metrics will give you a more holistic view:
- average conversion rate
- average order value
- earnings per click
Remember that merchant spending is at their discretion and fluctuates over time. The numbers seen here are estimates for potential earnings and not contracts. For this reason we recommend working with a variety of merchants and not focusing on just one, so that your chances to earn are better at any given time.