This article provides an ads.txt quick implementation guide to Sovrn publishers. Easily create an update a correct ads.txt file.
This article provides an ads.txt quick implementation guide to Sovrn publishers. Please note that this is a surface-level explanation. For a full walkthrough and more support, please view our complete guide to creating, updating, and maintaining your ads.txt file.
For direct help, please reach out to our support team with an email to email@example.com.
Ads.txt File Creation:
- Open or download a FTP service
- Create a .txt file with your ads.txt information
- Using a text editor or a word processing program such as Microsoft Word, WordPad, Notepad, or Atom to create and save a text/.txt file in an easy-to-locate folder on your computer
- Name this file ads.txt
- The file must be a .txt file extension
- Connect to your website using FTP
- Open your FTP client and login to your domain’s FTP using your web host credentials
- Select the ads.txt file you created within the directory of your computer
- Drag it to your website’s home directory
- The file must be on the root level of the domain
- The file must have Read permissions set to World
- Open your internet browser and ensure the ads.txt is displaying by visiting your domain/ads.txt
Sovrn Implementation Instructions:
- To verify that your Sovrn ads.txt information is up to date, please reach out Sovrn support. in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The file will include three DIRECT Sovrn entries (examples found in the ads.txt file creation instructions above) and a list of RESELLERS
- The file must follow the IAB format
- https://iabtechlab.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/IABOpenRTB_Ads.txt_Public_Spec_V1-0-1.pdf see page 6 for file format
Have more questions? Reach out to the Sovrn Support team for assistance!