Find information about getting paid with Ad Exchange including how to setup tax documents, payment methods, and more.
For information about changes to the payment terms for Advertising, please see the FAQs here.
For information about Commerce payments, see this article.
Payments are submitted on ⭐ the first business day of the month⭐ regardless of payment type. See below for more information on the processing time associated with different payment types.
Skip to Section:
How do I setup payments and taxes with Sovrn Advertising?
So you’re ready to start making money with your Sovrn account? Good! We can only pay you if you take this step of providing your payment information, so let’s get your payment information completed so that when the time comes, you’ll get paid!
Simply follow the instructions in this article, and you’ll be ready to earn your ad revenue.
- First log into your Meridian account.
- Then select the “Account” tab on the left.
- And now the “TAX AND PAYMENTS” tab at the top.
- Once there, you will be prompted to fill out your contact information. This is necessary before continuing to the next step. Once all fields are completed, click “Next”.
*All tax and payment information must be filled out by you. While we strive to do as much for our publishers as possible, this is something we simply can’t touch.*
- On this next page, you will be asked to choose a payment method. You can learn more about the different payment methods here.
- Lastly, enter in your tax information. Make sure to fill out all this information correctly so you're ready to go when tax season comes around. To learn more about tax forms, make sure to take a look at our article on 1099 Tax Documentation.
Now you have the peace-of-mind that once you’ve earned the cheddar, you’ll be able to receive that hard earned advertising revenue. Happy monetizing!
What are the standard payment methods Sovrn uses to pay out to publishers?
- Easiest and most convenient way to receive ad earnings
- More info about receiving payments via Paypal can be found HERE
- ACH (Automated Clearing House) Transfer
- 1-3 business days to process
- Wire Transfer
- 1-day processing
- Up to 8 days after that
- The only method with a higher payment threshold of $50. See below.
- eCheck – (This is essentially the ACH option for non-US payment recipients.)
- From 0-8 days delay can be expected
- Essentially the ACH option for non-US payment recipients
- Paper Check – (This option is only available in the US.)
📄 Note: This information only applies to direct Sovrn publishers. Not all payment methods are available to every publisher due to some location restrictions.
- Up to 2-day delay for cutting and processing
- Standard delivery via USPS applies after that point
- This option is only available in the USA
What is the fastest method for a publisher to get paid?PayPal is the fastest standard payment method offered by Sovrn.
- 1 day delay maximum in most cases
What is the minimum payment threshold for Sovrn?
At least a $25 balance at the end of the month is required to be paid by Sovrn. Once your account balance reaches $25, your payment will be submitted in approximately 30 days. If you did not reach $25, your payment will be rolled over into the next month's payment.
📄 Note: If your preferred payment method is a wire transfer, there is a $50 threshold.
What are the payment periods for Sovrn?
Publishers are paid every 30 days, submitted on the 1st business day of the month, regardless of payment type. However, the processing time associated with your payment type determines how long it takes for funds to actually arrive in your account.
For example, if a publisher earns $100 during the month of January, that amount is posted to their account on January 31st. 30 days later, on the 1st business day of March, Sovrn submits a payment for $100 to the publisher.
Sovrn takes pride in paying our publishers faster than anyone in the industry. We will cut you a check every 30 days and there are no strings attached. Have more questions? Click the contact support button below and submit a case!
Certain publishers may qualify for faster payment terms with a small discount taken prior to the processing of the expedited payment. Interested in learning more? Reach out to Publisher Support!
How do I get paid if I'm not a US citizen?
It's simple! When setting up your payment information in Meridian, users should eCheck in the local currency payment option and choose one of the following: International wire transfer or PayPal.
Don't see your question listed? We can help! Feel free to reach out to our Publisher Support team by clicking here.
Still having trouble?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org