Regardless of how your ad stack is configured, we want you to have your data available. Here is our guide to passing data from Sovrn to AdSense.
Many of our publishers have asked how they can use Sovrn while still using AdSense.
Our answer is to have Sovrn pass back to AdSense. That way you can leverage premium, high-CPM campaigns from Sovrn while using AdSense to fill 100% of the remaining inventory.
You can set up an AdSense passback the same way you would with any network. Here is a step by step guide for anyone who hasn't installed a passback before.
How to Passback from Sovrn to AdSense
1. Login to your AdSense dashboard. Select "My Ads" in the top menu bar, and click "+ New ad unit".
2. Choose your ad size. Pick the same ad size you are planning to use with sovrn.
3. Create the ad tag. Next copy the entire ad code, from <script to /script>.
4. Login to your Sovrn account at meridian.sovrn.com.
5. Select "Tools" in the left sidebar, and then click "ad tags" in the upper menu.
6. Hit "Create ad tag." Next follow these steps:
a. Name your ad tag. Generally this includes the name of the website, size of the ad tag and ATF (above the fold) or BTF (below the fold).
b. Select ad type. You can select display, mobile or video.
c. Select ad size. Make sure it is the same ad size you chose in the AdSense dashboard.
d. Put in a CPM Floor Price (we recommend a $0.10 to $0.00 floor price.)
e. Finally, paste in your Google AdSense code.
7. To install the Sovrn ad on your website, copy the "Async Install Code" and paste it onto your website where you want the ad to appear.
How Using Sovrn and AdSense Together Makes You More Money
So now that you know how to install a Google AdSense passback, let's go over how using both AdSense and Sovrn can significantly increase your revenue.
Let’s say a publisher is seeing 100,000 requests a day. If the publisher is just using AdSense and receives a $0.60 CPM at 100% fill with AdSense, this nets the publisher $60 a day. If the publisher is just using Sovrn, receiving a $1.50 CPM at 60% fill, this nets the publisher $90 a day.
By using Sovrn and AdSense together, with Sovrn passing back to AdSense, the publisher will net $114 a day. That’s a 90% increase in revenue over using just AdSense.
This is because Sovrn has access to premium campaigns and can passback any unfilled ad requests to AdSense, who then fills 100% of the remaining inventory.
For more help getting your passback codes setup for Sovrn, reach out to our Publisher Support team.